Monday, May 28, 2012

This is becoming ridiculous.

I can't sleep. Not so unusual, aye? The thing is, I haven't been able to sleep for weeks. Not at night, anyway. And I've overslept a lot, and ditched a decent amount of classes to catch up. It hasn't been too big of an issue, though it's been annoying as hell. Why am I only complaining tonight, you ask (not really, since you're all goddamn fucking asleep by now, but pretending to be asked a question makes me feel less alone in my insomnia, so there)? Tomorrow's my first exam. A very important exam, making up an entire grade on its own. I have to get up in about four hours to make it to that exam in time.

I have a theory that I've become accustomed to sleeping when, and never unless, there's something important I should stay awake to do. That's quite a plausible theory, judging by how I sleep my way through all my assignment deadlines. So I've been trying to think of things I should be doing for hours. Finally I threw all my jeans in the washing machine. If I don't stay awake to hang them up or to put them in the dryer, I'll have no dry jeans tomorrow. It's idiotic, I know. But hey, if I show up at my exam with wet jeans tomorrow, we'll know that it worked.

And here's an illustrating picture of a complete stranger's possibly comfy bed, simply because said bed has fancy lights and an Asking Alexandria poster. 'night!


No comments: