Saturday, February 19, 2011

There has been a slight change of plans..

Because though I am supposed to sit at a nice cafe in Paris now, eating croissants for breakfast, I am stuck in New Jersey. Yep, New Jersey. Was that even in my travel plans in the first place, you may ask, and the answer is hellno. Let me explain the 3 phases of yesterday.

Phase one, 4 PM ish:
Travel plan: Boston-Montreal-Paris
"I'm so sorry, but our flight to Montreal is delayed and you'll miss your connection, and all the flights to Paris are fully booked for the next few days". After a lot of running around, some unhelpful and some helpful people and a few panic attacks later:

Phase two, 9 PM ish
New Travel plan: Boston-Newark-Frankfurt-Paris
After arriving in Newark, being happy that everything worked out: "I'm sorry, we overbooked our flight, and you don't have seats. We can't help you." I go hunting for the airline I originally had tickets with. Nobody's around. I can't get a hold of anybody, I have nowhere to go.

Phase three, after midnight
Enter Sebastian. Manager-dude for United/Air Canada or one of those airlines. He did a lot of calling around and yelling at the right people, and suddenly it seemed as if I might actually get to Europe, though clearly the odds were against me.

NOW, 10.25 am
Travel plan: Newark-?-London. I think.
I got a hotelroom for the night, and am soon leaving to talk to Sebastian, as well as to get my suitcase back from the bastards who refused to give it to me last night. Hrmf.
As a finale, a picture of the best bed I have ever slept in.

2 comments:

amalie said...

DEN HADDE VÆRT 201I329 BEDRE OM AMALIE HADDE SOVE ATTME DE!! ;/<3

Karoline said...

JEEZEZ.. hørtes sjuuuukt stress ut vartfall :O